Here’s a fantastic recipe for mashed cauliflower as an alternative to mashed potatoes.
1 head of cauliflower
3 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup of low fat milk
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup of chopped chives
- Break cauliflower into florets and place in water on a hot stove
- Cook until very tender, approximately 12 minutes
- Drain the water from the cauliflower and place cauliflower in a bowl
- Add the olive oil, milk, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste and mash until it looks like “mashed potatoes”. You can also add ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until creamy.
- Garnish with chopped chives